WEBINAR: The WEIRDest People in the World: How the West became psychologically peculiar...

alanna_smith
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 0 1,554

What does it mean to be WEIRD—that is, raised in a society that is Western, Educated, Industrialized, Rich, and Democratic? Unlike much of the world today, and most people who have ever lived, WEIRD people are highly individualistic, self-obsessed, control-oriented, nonconformist, and analytical. They focus on themselves—their attributes, accomplishments, and aspirations—over their relationships and social roles.

How did WEIRD populations become so psychologically distinct? What role did these psychological differences play in the industrial revolution and the global expansion of Europe during the last few centuries? Those questions are at the heart of the fascinating webinar session with Dr. Joseph Henrich, author of The Weirdest People in the World: How the West Became Psychologically Peculiar and Particularly Prosperous.

Tags (2)
About the Author
I have worked at Macmillan for 20 years and am currently on the digital marketing team. I love working working with media, finding new ways to connect with instructors and helping students succeed. In my free time I love to visit the beach, watch movies, read, write and bake (my weakness is sweet treats!).