Macmillan Learning Announces New Leadership for i>clicker

nikkiayana
Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
1 0 2,059

i>clicker, a Macmillan Learning company, today announced the appointment of Renee Altier as General Manager overseeing the i>clicker and REEF Polling companies. Ms. Altier will lead i>clicker ’s product development and growth strategy, reporting to CEO Ken Michaels.

“Renee’s industry savvy and boundless energy will be a tremendous asset to the Macmillan Learning team and to the future of i>clicker, said CEO Ken Michaels. “Renee is a seasoned leader with an unflinching focus on our partnership with educators. Throughout her career, she has championed the incubation of learning tools that improve outcomes. We are thrilled to bring her back to Macmillan Learning.”

i>clicker is familiar territory for Altier. After Macmillan acquired i>clicker in 2005, she led the team that transformed i>clicker from a prototype into the best-selling student response system in the marketplace. Altier re-joins Macmillan Learning after founding and managing Gateway Interactive Learning, an education consultancy.

“I am elated to lead the i>clicker and REEF teams,” stated Ms. Altier. “Both i>clicker and Macmillan Learning have a rich history of bringing customers into the innovation process. With customers as our partners, I have no doubt that we will achieve our collective goal of helping students succeed while providing faculty with easy-to-use tools to support their teaching goals.”

i>clicker is an educational technology success story. Created by physicists Timothy Stelzer, Mats Selen, Gary Gladding, and Benny Brown, i>clicker ’s intuitive student response system has been adopted by more than 1,100 higher educational institutions in North America and used by over 3 million students. The i>clicker team recently launched REEF Education, a cloud-based, mobile polling and engagement platform that allows students to participate in class using laptops, smart devices, and/or i>clicker remotes while offering a simple, flexible experience for instructors.

Throughout Ms. Altier’s twenty-year career in educational technology and publishing, she has demonstrated the ability to incubate ideas, launch products, build teams, expand market share and improve profitability. Altier will leverage her vast experience to lead the i>clicker team as they develop tools that drive student engagement and outcomes.

About i>clicker:
i>clicker was built by educators for educators with the goal of keeping students focused on content, not technology. i>clicker is the most widely used student response system in North American higher education, adopted at more than 1,100 institutions and used by more than three million students.

i>clicker student response solutions continue to be recognized for superior reliability, intuitive software, and focus on formative assessment and pedagogy. Today, i>clicker is powered by flexibility—giving professors the choice to standardize with one remote, or take a blended approach of mixed mobile and conventional remotes in their classrooms.

About Macmillan Learning:

Macmillan Learning improves lives through learning. Our legacy of excellence in education continues to inform our approach to developing world-class content with pioneering, interactive tools. Through deep partnership with the world’s best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire curiosity and measure progress. Our commitment to teaching and discovery upholds our mission to improve lives through learning. To learn more, please visit our website or see us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or join our Macmillan Community.