iClicker Super-User Spotlight on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

leslie_allen
Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 755

We asked some of our super users how iClicker helped them support academic integrity in their classrooms. Here’s what they had to say:

iclicker_superhero.png

“Quiet or less confident students aren't as likely to participate in Socratic method or cold calling. The use of iClicker allows ALL students to participate including those who are less confident or quiet. The inclusiveness is refreshing and allows the instructor to determine where everyone is in their understanding.” -Candace Timpte, Biology

“With iClicker questions that students have difficulty with, I will sometimes stop class and have them discuss their answers with their neighbors and then answer again. I will sometimes use anonymous mode when asking questions that are of a sensitive nature so that students don't feel exposed by their answers. I am also using Achieve in the hopes of boosting student performance by helping students see the connections between the questions and the textbook.” -Jeff Henriques, Psychology

"We use iClicker in our seminar sessions consisting of about 30 students. Being able to participate anonymously and with the click of a button on their smartphone ensures that all students are able to participate and express their opinions (not just students who are more actively engaged or outspoken) without fear of judgment." -Marissa Dahari, Molecular Biology

Interested in ways you might be able to use iClicker to foster an environment where every student belongs and has a chance to participate? Check out 10 Tips to Foster Equity Through Technology. Still looking for more ideas? Schedule a demo or training to discuss how iClicker could support your class.