Eric Landrum on Flipping Your Classroom: Why Bother and How to Do It

During this webinar, I'll present some of the details about the how and the why of flipping your classroom.  Essentially, flipping your classroom means that you might use in-class time to complete tasks normally completed outside of class, and outside-of-class time to complete tasks typically done during class.  I currently teach my own upper division Research Methods class in this fashion, and I'll provide numerous examples from my own teaching.  Also, I'll share tips and technology tricks on how I created my own resources for the flipped classroom.

R. Eric Landrum - Boise State University

R. Eric Landrum is a professor of psychology at Boise State University, receiving his PhD in cognitive psychology from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. His research interests center on the educational conditions that best facilitate student success as well as the use of SoTL strategies to advance the efforts of scientist-educators.  He has over 300 professional presentations at conferences and published over 20 books/book chapters, and has published over 70 professional articles in scholarly, peer-reviewed journals. He has worked with over 275 undergraduate research assistants and taught over 12,500 students in 20 years at Boise State.  During Summer 2008, he led an American Psychological Association working group at the National Conference for Undergraduate Education in Psychology studying the desired results of an undergraduate psychology education.

Eric is the lead author of The Psychology Major: Career Options and Strategies for Success (4th ed., 2009), authored Undergraduate Writing in Psychology: Learning to Tell the Scientific Story (2008) and Finding A Job With a Psychology Bachelor’s Degree: Expert Advice for Launching Your Career (2009).  He co-authored The EasyGuide to APA Style (2011), You’ve Received Your Doctorate in Psychology—Now What? (2012), and was the lead editor for Teaching Ethically—Challenges and Opportunities (2012) and co-editor of Assessing Teaching and Learning in Psychology: Current and Future Perspectives (2013).  He served as Vice President for the Rocky Mountain region of Psi Chi (2009-2011). He is a member of the American Psychological Association, a fellow in APA’s Division Two (Society for the Teaching of Psychology or STP), served as STP secretary (2009-2011) and will serve as the 2014 STP President. 

Labels (1)
Version history
Last update:
‎09-08-2015 09:09 AM
Updated by: