Time Travel Dietitian video

jamiepopeauthor
1 0 1,023

I would show this video during my first face-to-face intro nutrition class to break the ice and to illustrate the evolving (and often confusing) science of nutrition. While they misspell "dietician" and not all "facts" are quite right - it also allows opportunity to comment on those. I'm showing it in my online only course this semester as part of a recorded Zoom course orientation and overview video - we'll see how it goes! You might have seen it, but if not you'll get a chuckle!!

https://youtu.be/5Ua-WVg1SsA 

safe_image.jpg

Tags (1)
About the Author
Jamie Pope, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Assistant Professor of Practice in Medicine, Health and Society at Vanderbilt University, has worked in the areas of obesity research, health promotion, heart disease prevention, and since 2000 teaching introductory nutrition. Beyond the classroom, she adapted portions of her nutrition courses to produce a Massive Open Online Course attracting more than 175,000 participants from around the world. This experience earned Jamie an Innovation in Teaching award from the Vanderbilt University School of Nursing. She is the co-author of the textbook entitled Nutrition for a Changing World. Now in its second edition, the text is in use in over 140 universities across the U.S. and the recipient of a 2020 Textbook Excellence Award. Most recently she developed and produced an audio course for Learn25.com (Nutrition 101: Understanding the Science and Practice of Eating Well) that is also featured on platforms like Apple Books and Audible. Jamie holds a Master’s of Science degree in Nutrition and post graduate work in Health Psychology. She is a Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She has authored or contributed to numerous scientific and popular press publications. Jamie also held several corporate positions, serving as nutrition consultant and media representative.