Stormy Cs

barclay_barrios
0 1 185
Le sigh.  Once again my proposal has been declined for the Conference on College Composition and Communication. It feels like any time I propose anything on technology—and I mean anything—I’m in.  But if I try to “break into” any other track it’s a no-go. It becomes a self-defeating loop.  The best way to get accepted, I’ve found, is to put together a panel with friends at Cs.  So if you’re not accepted you’re behind to start with.  To put it more bluntly, the best way to present at CCCC is to be presenting at CCCC. Eh, maybe it’s me.  Anyone else feel this sort of catch 22?
1 Comment
About the Author
Barclay Barrios is an Associate Professor of English and Director of Writing Programs at Florida Atlantic University, where he teaches freshman composition and graduate courses in composition methodology and theory, rhetorics of the world wide web, and composing digital identities. He was Director of Instructional Technology at Rutgers University and currently serves on the board of Pedagogy. Barrios is a frequent presenter at professional conferences, and the author of Emerging.