MAP Event: University of California, San Diego

sonya_tiratsuya
Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 515

Macmillan Author Program event at UCSD

The Muir College Writing Program at University of California, San Diego, uses Now I Know Who My Comrades Are: Voices from the Internet Underground, by Emily Parker, and recently had the pleasure of hosting her on campus for a talk with students. Over 400 students filled the auditorium to listen to Emily and take part in lively question and answer exchanges throughout the presentation.

The Muir College Writing Program uses A Writer's Reference, by Diana Hacker and Nancy Sommers, alongside Now I Know Who My Comrades Are: Voices from the Internet Underground, by Emily Parker, as part of the Macmillan Author Program. The Macmillan Author Program brings together the best of Bedford/St. Martin's textbooks, the expertise of our custom publishing team, and award-winning titles from our trade imprints, including St. Martin’s Press and Farrar, Straus and Giroux.

349529_IMG_0550 (1).jpg

Emily Parker, author of Now I Know Who My Comrades Are: Voices from the Internet Underground, holding up her book in front of UCSD students who came to hear her talk about the book.  Students read the book as part of the Muir College Writing Program. 

349530_IMG_0554.jpg

Students lining up to get their book signed by author, Emily Parker.  The signing continued for a half hour after the talk!

349528_IMG_0548.jpg

Emily Parker, author of Now I Know Who My Comrades Are: Voices from the Internet Underground, preparing to speak to a room of more than 400 Muir College Writing Program students at UCSD!