Is It Really Fall Already?

barclay_barrios
3 0 627

Welcome back!

I can’t believe it’s fall already.  It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the summer goes. At my school we’re already halfway through the second week in the semester.  Wow!

9781457697968.jpgThis year I’ll be focusing this blog on strategies for teaching the various readings in Emerging.  I hope to offer some insight on what works well with what, both within the text and also with things happening out in the world.  With the presidential election starting to gear up, it’s a particularly good time to connect the readings in the book to the lives of students in ways that will help them think about how to make a difference in the world around them.

The third edition will be coming out some time late this fall, so I’ll also be giving you all a detailed rundown of some of the new features and readings.  It’s going to be a very exciting edition, and I want to provide you a good sense of what you can do with it before it hits your desk.  We have some great new readings and a couple of awesome new features.  I look forward to sharing it all with you.

I’m so thrilled that the book has moved into another edition and so grateful to all of you and everyone at Bedford for helping to make that happen.  It’s already a bustling semester but I am hoping you all have a wonderful start to the year…

Want to offer feedback, comments, and suggestions on this post? Join the Macmillan Community to get involved (it’s free, quick, and easy)!

About the Author
Barclay Barrios is an Associate Professor of English and Director of Writing Programs at Florida Atlantic University, where he teaches freshman composition and graduate courses in composition methodology and theory, rhetorics of the world wide web, and composing digital identities. He was Director of Instructional Technology at Rutgers University and currently serves on the board of Pedagogy. Barrios is a frequent presenter at professional conferences, and the author of Emerging.