Join us for the Macmillan's Psychology Speaker Series!

alanna_smith
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 0 2,822

Join us for the Macmillan's Psychology Speaker Series! 

At Macmillan Learning, our psychology community includes committed teachers, researchers, and authors. Among them are some exceptionally compelling advocates for how psychological science can help us understand our contemporary lives. Join us for this timely, idea-rich series of talks from some of the most effective voices in psychology education today, as they share their thoughts on teaching, learning, and living in these unsettling times.

You can register for one or all of the following webinars:

• October 8 - Human Behavior Amidst the COVID Crisis: Helping and Hurting? with David Myers - 1:00 PM EST: VIEW THE RECORDING
    David Myers (Hope College), longtime author of our bestselling intro psych resources, offers his insights on the human element of this crisis--our need to belong, why we may be too much, or too little, afraid, and how shared threats affect social behavior.
  • October 21 - The APA Introductory Psychology Initiative Outcomes: What You Need to Know with Jane Halonen- 1:00 PM ESTVIEW THE RECORDING
    APA has a new Introductory Psychology Initiative that provides recommendations for teaching the intro psych course, training teachers, and assessing student learning. In this webinar, Jane Halonen (University of West Florida) will discuss the Initiative's recommendations regarding student learning outcomes and assessment strategies to improve the quality of the introductory psychology experience.
  • November 5 - Abnormal Psychology in the Era of COVID-19 with Ron & Jon Comer- 1:00 PM EST
    Join Ronald J. Comer (Princeton University) and Jonathan S. Comer (Florida International University), the renowned best-selling authors of Abnormal Psychology and Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology, as they review the rapidly growing body of research on how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the state of mental health and its treatment.
  • November 12 - Making a Smooth Transition to Online Assessment with Scott Cohn- 1:00 PM EST
    Looking for simple solutions? Professor Scott Cohn (Western Colorado University) will demonstrate tips and techniques for creating a positive online assessment experience for students. Resource options will be compared with specific examples from his Introductory Psychology course.
  • November 19 - A Hidden Strength in the Psychology Classroom with Debra Roberts - 2:00 PM EST
    Debra Roberts (Howard University), lead supplements author of My Psychology, draws on her years of teaching and research to share strategies for talking about diversity in psychology classes.

Register today to save your seat!

*NOTE: You must follow this link to register. 

About the Author
I have worked at Macmillan for 20 years and am currently on the digital marketing team. I love working working with media, finding new ways to connect with instructors and helping students succeed. In my free time I love to visit the beach, watch movies, read, write and bake (my weakness is sweet treats!).