Employee Spotlight | Jason Morillo

kate_geraghty
Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 1,179

"Being a part of this team and sharing their energy and excitement is a privilege," said CEO Ken Michaels in our recent video introducing Macmillan Learning.

So continues our series highlighting the creative, remarkable people who make up the Macmillan Learning team. These folks work every day on the content, tools, and services we create for education.

Get to know us - and the people who make up this incredible team!

Meet Jason Morillo, our Director of Engineering: Process Management!

jason.png

Jason Morillo

Director of Engineering: Process Management

I work on… the engineering leadership team across the Macmillan Learning offices.

The thing I like best about my current role is… the mission and the technology are a very close second, but it’s the people I get to work with. Yes, it sounds cliché but my role revolves around building trust and understanding team dynamics.

My role contributes to learning and education by… helping to enable our development teams to build bad a$$ software in an environment where they feel effective, efficient, empowered, and empathetic to our customers.

I am most excited about the future because… the expanded width of project initiatives such as readiness and analytics.

When I am not working, I am… volunteering at Agile Austin, a large local community of Agile professionals, but most likely I’m spending time with my wife and two kiddos who are currently in and entering Elementary. The boys are in stage right now where just like the bad Aerosmith song, "I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing."

One little known fact about me is… I used to judge and compete in custom car and car audio competitions from the mid  90’s to 2003 across the United States. Talk about a bad ROI! It is one of the first things I gave up once I got married.

The coolest thing I have seen recently is… the Austin engineering happy hour every Thursday afternoon.

If a friend asked, I would tell them to join Macmillan Learning because of the… industry and office culture. Tech Ed is a hot space, we impact lives of students and educators, and if you’re going to work, why not work with folks you like?