- Our Mission
- Our Leadership
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Learning Science
- Webinars on Demand
- Digital Community
- English Community
- Psychology Community
- History Community
- Communication Community
- College Success Community
- Economics Community
- Institutional Solutions Community
- Nutrition Community
- Lab Solutions Community
- STEM Community
Moving to HTML5
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
For Fall 2019 classes, almost all of our Sapling users (except those in Chemical Engineering and Organic Chemistry) will have the option to start using Sapling in HTML5.
What are the benefits of moving to HTML5?
- With Flash going away, there will be NO PLUGIN needed to run Sapling.
- Sapling will then run faster on more browsers. (For the best user experience, we recommend that you run a browser check. Go to HTML5test.com to see your status).
- We will have more accessibility options.
- HTML5 also provides a better platform for upcoming additions to features and functionality.
- More modern and intuitive user experience
- Assignment preview and reset has more options
- Improved analytics such as item analysis
- Mobile accessible for tablets and target Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA
- Previewing assignments is easier
- Building and editing assignments is easier
- MolDraw for Lewis structures and molecular geometry
What do you need to do to move to HTML5?
If you are planning on using Sapling for the Fall 2019 semester, the sooner you let the Client Success Team know, the better. They can start building your course now in HTML5 before the start of classes.
How can you get training on this?
Just sign up for one of our training classes sometime this spring! https://macmillanlearning.com/Catalog/event/training-demos/Sapling/Training
When do you have to move to HTML5?
Flash will be retired in December 2020, so you will be definitely need to by the end of 2020.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
Achieve Read & Practice
Achieve Release Notes
Flipping the Classroom
- « Previous
- Next »