Looking at Usage

becky_anderson
Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 2,388

Just because we've been talking about it recently, I wanted to give you a little insight into what our team can tell about peak and non-peak usage. We know that Thursday nights and Sunday nights are popular nights for students to do work in LaunchPad. Friday nights and Saturday mornings--not so much. Because we have this information, we can gauge the time when maintenance to LaunchPad will cause the least disruption. As you know, there is never a time where we can cause no disruption; someone is always working in LaunchPad. But by looking at our data, like the graph below which shows two consecutive Saturdays (in blue and orange), we do our best to find the time that is least annoying to do maintenance, for students and instructors, from four U.S. time zones, working in and teaching with LaunchPad.

Traffic.png

Tags (1)
About the Author
I've been working in publishing since 1997, doing everything from the front desk to marketing and sales, and a few things in between. And I love working working with media and helping students succeed.