cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timothy Allen JR | I Achieve More to Make My Dad Proud

Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 41
Timothy Allen JR My dad drives me to become the first one in my family to go to college and strive to be a better person/athlete.
My dad drives me to become the first one in my family to go to college and strive to be a better person/athlete.
My Journey to #AchieveMore

I’ve always been asked the question throughout my life of who is my role model. As a kid I never could answer that question. Usually it would be a professional athlete or someone of that nature. We all want to imagine our role models as big time athletes or singers or anyone who was a popular person. When I played football I would believe that Ray Lewis was inspiring me to play the best I could. When I played lacrosse I committed myself to be like Paul Rabil. But as I got to high School, I started to realize that the main reason I pushed myself in sports and school was because of my dad. I could always go talk to him about anything no matter what. I decided at that point that I was going to change my work ethic and try to become a better person just like him.

My father nor my mother went to college. For my family it was a long shot. I started to feel that lacrosse was the only way I was going to get into college. I pushed harder and harder to get where I wanted to be. I started to stay after practice to put in even more work in. My dad as soon as he got off of work he would come to my school and help me practice so that I could get better. Every practice , my dad and I keep working and working to improve my skills. Our bond became closer because of all the time we spent. My senior year it all paid off, I committed to Adams State University to play lacrosse and I will now become the first generation to go to college in my family. I did all of this for my dad.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Tags (1)