cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saudra Alvarez | Helping Others Along their Journey to Achieve More

Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 39
Saudra Alvarez What drives me to acheive more are my three boys and I want to lead by example and demonstrate that a higher education is vital and possible.
What drives me to acheive more are my three boys and I want to lead by example and demonstrate that a higher education is vital and possible.
My Journey to #AchieveMore

My name is Saudra Alvarez and I'm from Tucson, AZ. I work at the library full-time, attend the University of Arizona part-time and currently pursuing my Bachelor's degree in Information Science & eSociety. What drives me to commit myself to work are my three boys ages 17, 12, and 10. I strive to be a great example to them and I want them to know that pursuing a higher education is valuable and will open doors. Also, as a working mother and student myself I know the importance of education and it's important to me to provide great customer service to our library patrons. Doing so allows me to provide circulation services needed and share library resources to ensure other students' success. On a daily basis I look forward to helping staff, students, and community users at the library in different areas from circulation services, reference, technology, and helping our students do well in their classes. Some of these resources provided to student success are laptops, calculators, bike locks, ADR equipment, headphones, chargers, and so much more.

It's such a great feeling to be part of another student's education journey, being a student myself is another reason why I commit to work. I had a late start in my education, I was 33 when I started and now age 36 and completed my associates last summer 2019 and now going for my bachelors. I've gained so much knowledge at school and work throughout the years and can't keep that to myself any longer. What a better way to share all this knowledge? By working at the library, sharing knowledge to our students and knowing I'm leading by example to our current students and to my kids. Continuing my education is important but don't want to place any burden on my family.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Tags (1)