Phoenix Harvey, Senior Director of Engagement Marketing Strategy & Services sponsors BLACC extern, C

Colvin
Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 867

ML.BLACC-FBLI_Mentors_Harvey.png

Sponsor Name: Phoenix Harvey (she/her)
Department: Engagement Marketing Strategy & Services
Project: Social media campaign management 

What are you most excited to learn or experience during the externship?

Diversifying our talent pool is critical for our company's success. I believe that the work of marketing (shaping perceptions, crafting messaging) offers unique opportunities for an extern to contribute to a meaningful project that would add substance to their portfolio - even in just a few weeks. Additionally, representation matters. As one of the few BIPOCs at the Director level in our organization, I believe that students from groups who have been traditionally under-represented in publishing and educational technology would be encouraged by seeing a woman of color lead a team within our organization. Colvin really impressed the selection committee with his intelligence, drive, and clarity of vision. I look forward to working with Colvin over the next few weeks, learning from him, and supporting his career development. 

To learn more about Colvin Prince, Jr. the Enterprise Marketing team’s extern, click here.