cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Olivia Linwood | You Are Not Alone

Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 45
Olivia Linwood My personal experience with mental illness and my battle to get where I am today is what motivates me towards my degree goals!
My personal experience with mental illness and my battle to get where I am today is what motivates me towards my degree goals!
My Journey to #AchieveMore

I have had a passion for psychology for as long as I can remember. As someone who suffers from depression and anxiety, I know what it's like to feel as though you are all alone and that no one else could possibly understand how you're feeling. This is my motivation to help others. I hope to show people that they are not alone and there are many ways one could improve their mental state. I am extremely empathetic, so it's easy for me to put myself in someone else's shoes and see things the way that they do. Even if I can't actually improve someone's mental health, I will at least be able to show them that others do and can understand how they feel.

My mother has been my strongest motivator in chasing my dream. For the longest time, I kept my depression symptoms to myself because I felt like she couldn't care less. The older I got, the more I realized how extremely wrong I was. Her constant concern and love taught me that everyone, no matter how badly they think they messed up, can and will be forgiven. In addition to the care we receive from others, I wish to emphasize the importance of self-love and acceptance. It's important for us to forgive ourselves so that we can continue self-improvement. I hope that I can change the stigma surrounding psychotherapy. I hope to show people that therapy really is helpful and that mental health is just as important as physical health. In a world filled with chaos and pain, we have to look out for each other. The human mind is so complex and delicate in so many ways, exercising it so that we have more control over our thoughts and emotions is vital to living a wonderful life.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Tags (1)