cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nicole Romero | Helping Others Understand Their Personal Challenges

Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 40
Nicole Nicole My parents laid an amazing foundation for perseverance and hard work and my children are what inspired me to be courageous and dream bigger, I will #achievemore to enrich the community and inspire my family.
My parents laid an amazing foundation for perseverance and hard work and my children are what inspired me to be courageous and dream bigger, I will #achievemore to enrich the community and inspire my family.
My Journey to #AchieveMore

My biggest impact would be as a psychology professor and researcher at the University of Arizona. I come from a family who predominantly did not attend college, there are also a few of my family members that struggle with their mental health. My grandmother was an orphan and before finding her foster family that she considers her parents she moved around between catholic convents and foster families enduring neglect and abuse in her formative years. My grandmother is incredibly hard working and a true survivor. She still works at 72! She taught her children how to be independent and compassionate, and is a wonderful person, she also lacked the time and knowledge to equip her children with awareness of themselves or their mental well being. I have an uncle that we worry about every single day. As an adolescent he experienced an incredible amount of isolation and bullying from his older siblings. He is also incredibly intelligent and well read. Unfortunately, he has problems with both diabetes and substance abuse and his life has become a scary mix of self medication and hatred for himself. My passion is to help people understand their challenges that hold them back in their lives they may not be aware of. I want to educate people about themselves. I feel as we are more and more immersed in technology we are less equipped to deal with our in person relationships. Texts make serious conversation awkward and confusing yet more often people are choosing more often to have the conversations that way.

I would love to do research in this field and write books while contributing to the future of mental health care workers and educating students. I would love to dive into what has created so much violence in our society and how certain abuses or neglect or even just a lack of relationship has shaped some of our youth into a culture of school shooters and drug abusers. I also believe there is a serious mental health issue we are finding in middle aged women, who no longer have families to raise and are undervalued. I would love to do research on this group of people and how they are affected and have become another group that struggles with addiction problems. I found an amazing amount of value in learning about what motivations and limitations I have, I really feel a certain amount of self awareness takes people to aspirations they would never dream. I would love to dedicate my life to this cause and help people.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Tags (1)