cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neyooxet Greymorning | Helping Others Understand Their Personal Challenges

Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 42
Neyooxet Greymorning What drives me to achieve is my desire to right a wrong or perhaps as expressed in a once popular song: To reach an unreachable star...
What drives me to achieve is my desire to right a wrong or perhaps as expressed in a once popular song: To reach an unreachable star...
My Journey to #AchieveMore

To express what drives me to achieve, first requires noting what I have achieved. Lacking this is similar to stating what drives one to loose weight when nothing has been done to actually loose weight, which then becomes nothing more than an exercise upon an idea. So, what have I achieved and what has driven me to achieve? When realizing my Native language had dwindled from over 2,000 speakers to less than 60 within my lifetime, and that severe rates of language loss were also happening within other Indigenous communities, this drove me to develop Accelerated Second Language Acquisition©™. The hundred plus ASLA workshops I’ve conducted have reached over 2,000 language teachers in America, Australia, and Canada. The impact for many has made a difference in keeping Indigenous languages alive.

An honor in 2017, was my receiving a Life Time Achievement award from New Paltz State College, and also writing a 47-page article for the Albany Government Law Review on the ethnocentric bias of the Marshall Court. In 2018, my drive led me to accept an invitation to deliver the President’s Distinguished lecture on my work to test dolphins for human language cognition, something science has yet to achieve, that has now caught the attention of National Geographic. Achieving this will also aid Indigenous language revitalization efforts. While running ASLA workshops I also accomplished a 2018 book publication “Being Indigenous”, and took on the task of singularly organizing the Raising Indigenous Voices in Academia conference, originally for September 2020 but undaunted by COVID-19, now scheduled for 2021. My commitment to achieve this results from a paucity of Indigenous scholars within academia. So, when asked what drives me to achieve, perhaps it is a desire to right wrongs or as expressed in a once popular song: To reach the unreachable star...

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Tags (1)