cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Justin Weinert | Letting Go of Fear can Push You Forward

Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 32
Justin Weinert Continually learning to alter my perception of failure in such a way that I no longer fear failure.
Continually learning to alter my perception of failure in such a way that I no longer fear failure.
My Journey to #AchieveMore

Learning to alter my perception of failure in such a way that I no longer fear failure. I’ll never forget the day the letter came, I was hit with an intense feeling of bitter disappointment in myself and of total failure. The one thing I had feared, was now official. It was the letter from my University, officially notifying me of my academic dismissal. I had never felt so low before. Why had I failed so terribly, when I believed I wanted to be in school, I wanted to get my degree, I wanted to succeed. Or did I? It was in these moments of self reflection that I came to realize that I was holding myself back, I was afraid of failure, and in that fear, I allowed myself to fail. I realized that I had been so hyper focused on not failing, that I forgot to succeed. I forgot to relish the fight and forgot to cherish the small victories. I was gripped by the fear of letting myself, my family and my friends down, I was gripped by the fear of what if I am not enough?

I am back in school and rocking a 3.46 GPA. I let go of my fear, and I know that I am enough today, no matter what my tomorrow brings. I know that as long as I am living, breathing and striving for my next goal; that I am succeeding. I look myself in the mirror every morning and I do not fear the day, not because I have been so low before, but because I know that I can rise above this too. Let go of your fear of failure, for failure is not the end, it is only the beginning. Success is failure, turned inside out.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Tags (1)