Podcast: Pedagogue

steve_parks
Migrated Account
0 0 1,302

352659_Pedagogue podcast image.pngToday I'd like to highlight Shane A. Wood's podcast: Pedagogue

Pedagogue is a podcast about teachers talking writing, dedicated to building a supportive community, committed to facilitating conversations that move across institutions and positions, and designed to help celebrate the labor teachers do inside and outside the classroom. Each episode is a conversation with a teacher (or multiple teachers) about their experiences teaching writing, their work, inspirations, assignments, assessments, successes, and challenges. The podcast is meant to promote diverse voices at various institutions and help foster community and collaboration among teachers of writing. 

Recently, I was fortunate enough to have several conversations with Shane: the first (Episode 4 of the podcast) building on the ideas developed in Writing Communities - building community partnerships and teaching within a social justice framework, and the second (the first Bonus Episode) discussing whether graduate education is meeting the aspirational goals of the new generation of community-engaged graduate students. I invite you to take a listen, as well as to explore Shane's other episodes!

What are your thoughts on building community partnerships? How do you incorporate social justice in your classroom? Find me on Twitter (@StephenJParks) to let me know, or reply in the comments below!

Image and Pedagogue description courtesy of Shane A. Wood.

About the Author
Steve Parks is an Associate Professor of Writing and Rhetoric at Syracuse University. He has spent the past twenty years forming community based partnerships, publications, and pedagogies in the United States, United Kingdom, and the Middle East. For more information, visit: stephenjparks.com.