IM?

barclay_barrios
0 2 171
I just finished work on the Instructor’s Manual for the next edition of Emerging (thanks to the help of two teachers in the program here, Ashley Harrington and Michelle Hasler). Like everything else with the book, it represented a significant amount of work. Unlike the rest of the book, though, I often wonder about the value of this work, mostly because I’ve never really used Instructor's Manuals before.That, of course, has a lot to do say about my institutional and pedagogical histories. I grew up in a program that gave us all the training and encouraged us to craft our own assignments and class activities. I took that philosophy with me when I left.But what about you? Do you use the Instructor’s Manual for the text teach with? What for? What do you look for in an Instructor’s Manual?
2 Comments
About the Author
Barclay Barrios is an Associate Professor of English and Director of Writing Programs at Florida Atlantic University, where he teaches freshman composition and graduate courses in composition methodology and theory, rhetorics of the world wide web, and composing digital identities. He was Director of Instructional Technology at Rutgers University and currently serves on the board of Pedagogy. Barrios is a frequent presenter at professional conferences, and the author of Emerging.