A New Edition of Signs of Life in the USA

jack_solomon
Author
Author
3 1 316
I am pleased to announce that I am currently working on the 11th edition of Signs of Life in the USA, and for this reason will be taking a sabbatical from my Bedford Bits blog posts this year. 

The new edition will be paying particular attention to the ever-worsening political and cultural divisions in this country and the ways in which our popular culture both reflects and contributes to them. I am choosing this focus because of the urgency, especially in the light of the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, of the topic, and the necessity for careful critical thinking at a time national crisis. You can find a number of indications of the kind of topics the book will address in my posts over the last couple of years.

This will be the first edition of Signs of Life without the direct co-authorship of Sonia Maasik, but her presence will remain throughout the text, most profoundly in the way her spirit is guiding me on every step of this publication journey. The book will be part of Sonia's legacy and is dedicated to her.
1 Comment
hidinger
Migrated Account

Thank you so much for the encouraging news. I imagine the experience might be different and difficult without your long-time partner.

As someone who has used your textbook in my composition classes since the 4th edition, I've held out hope for an updated version (especially given the timing of the 10th edition's publication in late 2020) but didn't know whether such expectations were reasonable. Much appreciated...