cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REMINDER: PLC Kick-off Today at 6:30 ET (Zoom link included)

PhoenixHarvey
Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
1 3 121

Hi!

Thank you for joining the Professional Learning Community (PLC) Group Hub and introducing yourselves. It has been a pleasure reviewing your introductory posts. On behalf of the author team for The Language of Composition and the BFW High School Team, we are excited to welcome you to the PLC with the kick-off session:"Conversation, Controversy, and Civil Discourse: Finding Common Ground" today at 6:30 p.m. ET.  Here's a little reminder about what to expect today. 

Union Book Cover.jpegYou will hear from special guests, Jordan Blashek and Christopher Haugh, the authors of Union: A Democrat, a Republican, and a Search for Common Groundas well as learn more about the PLC, the authors of The Language of Composition, Renee Shea, Robin Aufses, Megan Pankiewicz, and Larry Scanlon. Since the PLC is intended to provide an opportunity to connect and discuss topics and teaching ideas with your peers from around the country, you'll also be working together in small break out groups with  your fellow participants of the inaugural cohort of the PLC for AP Language. 

Below are login credentials for the kick-off session:

https://macmillanlearning.zoom.us/j/94767130712 Meeting ID: 947 6713 0712

One tap mobile +13126266799,,94767130712# US 

We look forward to seeing you later today!

Best,

Phoenix

3 Comments
Andrea_S
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Phoenix, 

Would it be possible to join the Thursday night group for this session?

Andrea

PhoenixHarvey
Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee

Hi Andrea,

While the subsequent sessions will be on either a Wednesday or Thursday evening, there will only be one kick-off session since the authors of Union will not be able to join us twice. Don't worry if you miss this one, we'll keep your seat warm for the January and February sessions - and send you the special [surprise] gift to commemorate tonight's kick-off.

Best,

Phoenix

PinnacleSmith
New Contributor
New Contributor

I do have a previously scheduled meeting for my district at this time, so I'll do my best to join.