- AP® Updates
- Program Tours & Professional Development
- Language Arts Community
- Mathematics & Statistics Community
- Science Community
- Social Studies Community
- AP® Updates
BFW Teaching Community Guidelines
Welcome to the BFW Teaching Community!
Our mission is to support the people teaching in high school classrooms. We aspire to be a community that connects instructors with other teachers, scholars, authors, and editors, as well as with a library of resources to support the people, districts and states using our books and media. These are our community values. Please use them as guidelines as you engage with the people and content on our BFW Teaching Community.
When you register for an account, we will verify your instructor status before you are given full instructor access.
- Please do not share your registered account with another person or organization.
- Don’t pretend to be someone else, or claim false credentials for yourself.
- Don’t promote products or services except for teaching resources and in that case disclose the relationship you have with the brand in your post.
- BFW employees, identified with the employee badge and rank, participate in the community as ambassadors of that brand when they share their ideas, opinions, and expertise. Authors of titles published by Bedford, Freeman & Worth are identified with the “Author” rank and badge.
Take teaching (and learning) seriously.
The members of our BFW Teaching Community are people who are passionate about pedagogy and improving student outcomes. Respond to them in a way that is appropriate for a professional conversation. Don’t post content or comments that are not relevant to our community mission. Don’t spam members, or post the same message in multiple places. If you’d like to use the community platform to invite members to join or participate in a personal or professional event or organization, please ask us for permission before you do.
Engage in respectful academic discourse.
At BFW Publishers, we engage with many points of view on pedagogy, digital versus print, and the role of a publisher, but inappropriate or hateful speech is not tolerated. Don’t post sexual, violent, hateful, or discriminatory content or comments.
Honor intellectual property.
Respect copyright and other intellectual property rights. Only post content that you created or that you're authorized to use.
Don't share anything about yourself or your organization that you would not want to see published in the paper. Don't post personal information about yourself or anyone else, including email address, phone number, or any content that is not your own without the author's consent.