August Wilson Adventure

katecordes
Author
Author

I teach in Billings, Montana, and not many of the students at my current school have spent much time in major metropolitan areas.  As a result, I like to give them a sense of the cultures and rich histories of neighborhoods such as the one August Wilson himself lived in as well as the types of places his characters experienced.  One way I do that is through an assignment that has them explore parts of Pittsburgh relevant to Wilson and Fences.  I usually give them a handful of "tasks," so I'll share a few of them with you one at a time.  

But I'll forewarn you, they're not easy!

August Wilson Adventure - Clue # 1 

Best,

Kate

3 Replies

Beth4
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

katecordes
Author
Author

Here's the next one: August Wilson Adventure - Clue # 2.

August Wilson Adventure

katecordes
Author
Author

I teach in Billings, Montana, and not many of the students at my current school have spent much time in major metropolitan areas.  As a result, I like to give them a sense of the cultures and rich histories of neighborhoods such as the one August Wilson himself lived in as well as the types of places his characters experienced.  One way I do that is through an assignment that has them explore parts of Pittsburgh relevant to Wilson and Fences.  I usually give them a handful of "tasks," so I'll share a few of them with you one at a time.  

But I'll forewarn you, they're not easy!

August Wilson Adventure - Clue # 1 

Best,

Kate