Recap of Coffee with Nutrition Authors and helpful links to learn more!!

jamiepopeauthor
0 0 1,805

Was delighted to welcome teaching colleagues and co-host our latest “Coffee with Nutrition Authors” with my co-author and friend, Steve Nizielski, and our Senior Marketing Manager, Nancy Bradshaw on March 23.   Attendees were able to get a behind-the-scenes look at Nutrition for a Changing World’s new digital update and online platform Achieve.   Nancy previewed a pre-built course that includes pre-class, in-class, and post-class activities and assessments for each chapter and spotlight as well as aligned AnalyzeMyDiet activities and eBook activities.   We were treated to demos of the new interactive Real World Nutrition activities that now accompany every chapter and spotlight.   See a screen shot sample of chapter 4 Carbohydrates pre-built chapter below.  And of course, a look at that our pre-graded AnalyzeMyDiet within Achieve has to offer!   Even as an author of the text, I benefitted greatly from a one-on-one demo with one of our amazing tech team – so don’t worry if you missed the Coffee hour, you have the opportunity to see for yourself all the new and enhanced features of Achieve and AnalyzeMyDiet unique to the nutrition text and course.   Here’s a few links that I hope are helpful!   Best!   Jamie (feel free to reach out to me as well!  Jamie.pope@vanderbilt.edu or jpopenutrition@gmail.com )

Nutrition for a Changing World Dietary Guidelines and Digital Update

Getting Started with Achieve for Instructors online info and tutorials

Schedule a one-on-one demo of Achieve and AnalyzeMyDiet for yourself!

Find your Macmillan Learning representative to request a review copy of the text (print and/or online version) or for consultation

Chap 4 Achieve.png

Tags (1)
About the Author
Jamie Pope, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Assistant Professor of Practice in Medicine, Health and Society at Vanderbilt University, has worked in the areas of obesity research, health promotion, heart disease prevention, and since 2000 teaching introductory nutrition. Beyond the classroom, she adapted portions of her nutrition courses to produce a Massive Open Online Course attracting more than 175,000 participants from around the world. This experience earned Jamie an Innovation in Teaching award from the Vanderbilt University School of Nursing. She is the co-author of the textbook entitled Nutrition for a Changing World. Now in its second edition, the text is in use in over 140 universities across the U.S. and the recipient of a 2020 Textbook Excellence Award. Most recently she developed and produced an audio course for Learn25.com (Nutrition 101: Understanding the Science and Practice of Eating Well) that is also featured on platforms like Apple Books and Audible. Jamie holds a Master’s of Science degree in Nutrition and post graduate work in Health Psychology. She is a Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She has authored or contributed to numerous scientific and popular press publications. Jamie also held several corporate positions, serving as nutrition consultant and media representative.