cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valerie Tungate | With the Proper Motivation One Can Achieve Anything

Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee
0 0 42
Valerie Tungate What drives me to achieve more is my children.
What drives me to achieve more is my children.
My Journey to #AchieveMore

My biggest drive that makes me commit to anything that I do is my children. I had my first child when I was 19 at a time that I had not done much with my life. Once I had my son, I knew that I owed it to him and myself to do better. I went from having no dreams for the future, to having my GED and starting college. It has not been the easiest route, and I have failed some along the way, but my kids make me want to not give up. One person who has supported me through every decision I have made in life is my grandmother. She has been my authority figure and friend in my life. Every time that I have failed or succeeded, she has pushed me to be and do better.

The impact I hope to have with my work is to show my children that you can achieve your dreams if you work for it. They have seen me get knocked down, but they have also seen me get up and keep going even when I didn't know what my next move was going to be. I hope to do well in my field and eventually become a CPA so I can help others achieve their goals financially.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Tags (1)