Macmillan Community

95256members
12444posts
Community Activity
andrea_lunsford
I’ve been following MIT Professor Ethan Mollick’s newsletter One Useful Thing for some time now, with interest and admiration—and I have also watched ...
by Author Author in Bits Blog 3 hours ago
0 1
davidstarkey
This spring, I am offering five tips to students writing in each of the four genres covered in my textbook, Creative Writing: Four Genres in Brief. Th...
by Author Author in Bits Blog Tuesday
0 0
EllieC
Welcome to "Try This!", a weekly blog series where we dive into the ever-evolving world of generative AI and share valuable insights and practical tea...
by Macmillan Employee Macmillan Employee in Macmillan Learning Digital Blog Monday
0 0
andrea_lunsford
Kim Haimes-Korn is a Professor of English and Digital Writing at Kennesaw State University. She also trains graduate student teachers in composition t...
by Author Author in Bits Blog Monday
0 0
MarisaBluestone
Today, April 22, communities around the globe unite in celebration of Earth Day, a testament to our collective commitment to protect our planet. This ...
by Community Manager Community Manager in Learning Stories Blog Monday
0 0
sue_frantz
With the NCAA women’s and men’s basketball tournaments behind us, the NBA playoffs coming up, and the WNBA season starting soon, here’s a timely resea...
by Expert Expert in Psychology Blog Monday
0 0
nbrady
Why did the economics instructor join the Tortured Poet's Department? She wanted to put the "verse" in "diverse portfolio" Catch up on your #Swiftieno...
by Community Manager Community Manager in Economics Blog Friday
0 0
susan_bernstein
Earthquake WritingNeurodivergent Teaching On Friday April 5 at 10:23 a.m. at my home in Queens, N.Y., the furniture began to shake. It was the day aft...
by Author Author in Bits Blog Friday
0 0
andrea_lunsford
I’ve been collecting sentences for a long time. And one kind of sentence I look for—and love—is one whose structure somehow enacts or performs what it...
by Author Author in Bits Blog Thursday
1 0
Deanna_Ferrante
Accessibility may be hard to spell, but it shouldn’t feel like it’s hard to achieve. Accessibility is the extent and ease with which a person with a d...
by Macmillan Employee Macmillan Employee in Learning Stories Blog Thursday
0 0
EllieC
Welcome to "Try This!", a weekly blog series where we dive into the ever-evolving world of generative AI and share valuable insights and practical tea...
by Macmillan Employee Macmillan Employee in Macmillan Learning Digital Blog a week ago
0 0
mimmoore
I wrote earlier about “insight on demand,” the way our assigned reflections require students to find and articulate an insight that demonstrates learn...
by Author Author in Bits Blog a week ago
1 0
adam_whitehurst
During the course, you will access content and assignments via Macmillan Learning courseware platform, Achieve. ⚠ You may already have an Achieve acco...
by Macmillan Employee Macmillan Employee in Professional Development Blog 2 weeks ago
0 0
sue_frantz
This is the most horrifying thing I have read in some time:Nearly two-thirds of women in [Indiana University’s Debby Herbenick’s] most recent campus-r...
by Expert Expert in Psychology Blog 2 weeks ago
0 0
davidstarkey
This spring, I am offering five tips to students writing in each of the four genres covered in my textbook, Creative Writing: Four Genres in Brief. My...
by Author Author in Bits Blog 2 weeks ago
0 0
andrea_lunsford
Decades ago, Lisa Ede and I did a nationwide study of members of seven professional organizations in the U.S., surveying a random sample of 1200 membe...
by Author Author in Bits Blog 2 weeks ago
2 0
guest_blogger
Elizabeth Catanese is an Associate Professor of English and Humanities at Community College of Philadelphia. Trained in mindfulness-based stress reduc...
by Expert Expert in Bits Blog 2 weeks ago
0 0
EllieC
by Macmillan Employee Macmillan Employee in Macmillan Learning Digital Blog 2 weeks ago
0 0
MarisaBluestone
Daniel Frank, PhD, is one of three subject matter experts who contributed to the first course at the Institute at Macmillan Learning, "Teaching with G...
by Community Manager Community Manager in Learning Stories Blog 2 weeks ago
0 0
sue_frantz
Introduction to Psychology is the hardest course we teach because we are unfamiliar with so much of the course content (Frantz, 2024). We rely heavily...
by Expert Expert in Psychology Blog 2 weeks ago
0 0

The Discussion Board

A collaborative forum for instructors to communicate ideas, ask questions, and give suggestions with their peers.